Canine Massage Afternoon
We had great attendance for our Canine Massage afternoon and feedback from the attendees was very positive. We're looking forward to the next one to help all your lovely dogs live their best life.
Canine Massage can not only help reduce muscle tension, aches and pain, it can also help dogs relax and recover after exercise as well as being a useful technique to warm muscles up before exercise especially in this cold weather!
Come along to our canine massage session with your dog to learn the different massage techniques and how and when they should be used to benefit your dog.
We are running 2 sessions on Sunday 4th February 2024:
2pm – 2.40pm
3pm – 3.40pm
This event is open to Ash Tree Vets clients only and spaces are limited with just 4 dogs per class.
Please contact Sophie on email@example.com to book your space (include dog's name, surname, and breed).
Please note this is a multi-dog evening, so dogs will need to be comfortable around others but will be lots of fun!
As spaces are limited if you are unable to make it, please let us know so we can offer the slot to someone on the waiting list.
Benefits of massage:
- Stimulates blood circulation which promotes the movement of oxygen and nutrients to the muscles and tissues.
- May improve emotional distress, anxiety and depression through stimulating the release of seratonin.
- Helps with reducing inflammation, pain, and muscle tiredness.
When to massage:
- Before exercise to prepare the body by stimulating blood circulation to joints and muscles, preventing injuries to cold muscles and stiff joints.
- After exercise to relax the muscles and promote recovery. This can also help prevent stiffness and pain following exercise.
- Regular massage can help improve and release tension where a dog is compensating for example after an injury or those with osteoarthritis.
- Choose a quiet and comfortable space.
- Depending on how well your dog tolerates massage, you may need to start your massage routine slowly.
- If your pet is experiencing pain or has areas of the body where they don’t like to be touched, leave these areas till last.